Tuesday, December 30, 2008

No Ordinary Tuesday (Noah)

A session on incubating ideas for and from Limmud with a group of Limmudniks from Poland to Paris, the Galil to Johannesburg...grab a cheese and pickles sandwich...learn about the excavation of Bethsaida and Qumran (archaeology is so cool--did you know that in addition to the menorah, lulav, etrog, and shofar, ancient Jews also used insense (and therefore insense shovels) in their places of worship? It was only when other religions (Christianity?) started using it too that Jews gave it up!)...

...An hour-and-a-half expert panel on the Israel-Gaza situation real-time...a presentation by Deborah Lipstadt on her UK trial (in the UK with an adoring UK audience!) vs. David Irving ...an update on the state (and history) of Israel's intelligence community from an Israeli writer and journalist...four short films from the UK Jewish Film Festival...

...And I even SKIPPED a few sessions!

The rest of the group is off at a number of performances and presentations, but I'm gearing up for tonight's "Acoustic Cafe," where I might play a silly song with a new friend from L.A. (or an ordinary song by myself).

Yesterday I caught Shlomo Riskin, "We Are Together," and a bunch more I have to take a deep breath and think about before I remember...so much, so fast, but so great.

More later.. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry we didn't get the chance to sing together. Some other time, I guess!

    ReplyDelete