Saturday, January 3, 2009

I went to Limmud for the first time this year. In fact, I had never even heard of Limmud until one month before the conference. I went with my friend Eli and his mom. Friday night was really fun, although we didn't sit next to people my age, we sat next to people from Switzerland and London. Saturday was an easy day, we just hung out, relaxed, and played some games. Eli and I started Young Limmud Sunday afternoon. It was really fun, we played get to know you games, and we listened to some presenters. I made a lot of new friends that are really nice. One night, my friends and I went to a grown up session called Sofia's Drawings. It was a puppet show of sorts about a girl in the Holocaust, Sofia. Sofia's granddaughter did the show. It was really amazing. On the last day of Young Limmud, the whole group went to a session about Zionism. It was supposed to get us ready for the regular conference. It was really interesting. The food at the conference was really good too, but the sandwich combinations were a little weird. I hope to go back next year.

                 Sydney Joffre                

No comments:

Post a Comment